Thursday, November 20, 2014

Baby it's cold outside... chili time!

I wanted some chili sooooo bad yesterday!!  I have always loved Wick Fowler's 2 Alarm chili but never made it veganized.  So I decided I was up for the challenge.  
I used a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chili flavor (I dont remember seeing any actual green chilis but didn't really look.  It was organic, a brand name Muir i think), 2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce and about 2-4 cups of water.  I cooked it in the crockpot for 2 hours then added 3 cans of RINSED kidney beans for another 1 1/2 hours. DELICIOUS!!!  I usually cook dried beans but didn't start them in time to use. Luckily I had a few cans of kidney beans.  I read to rinse the canned beans real good to help reduce gas/stomach issues.  It rinses the skin or something like that off.  I could look it up but I'm tired and unmotivated.  Regardless, me and Braden both ate it and for the first time, the chili didn't upset my stomach!!!  I was worried because it usually does.  Even Amy's vegan canned chili makes me sick.  Crazy sick actually.  So maybe I just got lucky.  Maybe it's the lack of grease, I don't know.  

I'm rambling and exhausted. I'm calling it a night!



Can he get any cuter??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment